No more Germs, Parasites and Worms!
As a dog owner, making sure your furry friend is always in good physical health is part of your duties. One way you can make sure this is by giving him a dog-specific worm treatment.
Worms are mostly likely to be fascinated by the Dogs!
Dogs are perfect hosts, that is, for insects and other bugs. Pests are fascinated by the animals that smell, slurp, chew, and eat anything in their paths, including dirt, garbage, and feces. All the things they do with their mouths— lick, kiss, wrestle, and other behavioral patterns — can go through unwanted guests to both canine and human playmates and companions.
Which worms are likely to affect the dogs?
There are several worms that a dog is really susceptible to including roundworms, tapeworms, hookworms and whip worms, that live in the intestines, which makes it your vet’s first place to look.
How do you choose a perfect solution to purge these worms!
The correct choice for your canine friend can be a bit challenging because of the number of deworming products in the market. But there are some things you need to know before you choose a particular dewormer for your doggy which are as follows: Number one: You should always know the right age and weight of your dog to choose a dewormer for it. Secondly, you should always prefer a dewormer that has high content of active ingredients that can help your dog purge these uninvited guests from its body. Thirdly, you should always remember that what is the procedure and usage of these dewormers.
Here, we have listed the best dewomers for dogs that can be used for the dogs with any type of breed. The contents in each dewormer would easily let you know which solution you should use for your dog. What is perfect for your dog is listed down below.
These are the top 7 picks in 2020!
1. EXCEL 8IN1 SAFE-GUARD CANINE DEWORMER FOR DOGS
The dewormer 8in1 is first on the list. It can avoid any parasitic infection and infestation in your dog for around 6 months due to its efficacy in the purging of worms within your dog’ s body. However, it is a large pack that can handle up to 40 pounds each, which makes it the perfect choice if you have more than one pet.
- This is a dog dewormer that is perfect for the treatment and control of 4 major types of worms in dogs: tapeworms, roundworms, hookworms and whip worms.
- It is an effective three day treatment, just weigh your dog and follow the dosing guide on the product label itself.
- You can only use this solution to deworm your dogs and puppies 6 weeks of age and older.
- The dose you have to provide to your dog is each 1 gram pouch of treats.
- You have to mix the contents of pouch into food as directed.
- There is a specific quantity of 3-1 gram pouches.
- It provides a guard treat against Tapeworms, Roundworms, Hookworms, and Whip worms.
- It is really easy to feed the granules that mix into food.
- It is very safe for young puppies that are over the age of 6 weeks too.
- It has fenbendazole as its an active ingredient.
- It is truly ideal for use on pregnant dogs.
- The effective result lasts for a long time.
- This dewormer may not be effective against tapeworm larvae.
2. PFIZER NEMEX 2
A roundowrm and Hookworm killer!
The Pfizer Nemex 2 Dewormer is successful in coping with two kinds of hookworms and roundworms. Also it contains Pyrantel pamoate which act as its single active ingredient. You can effectively provide it to your puppies aged 2 weeks or older as it is in the form of liquid In addition, your dog will surely be pleasant to it, so I taste won’t have any problems.
- Nemex 2 is a dog dewormer and its available in caramel-flavored suspension.
- This dewormer of pyrantel pamoate in the form of an oral liquid acts as a single treatment for the eradication of large roundworms and hookworms in dogs and puppies.
- Nemex-2 suspension is also used to avoid any reinfection of Toxocara canis in puppies, young dogs.
- It is very effective in purging roundworms and hookworms.
- This can be provided to young pups.
- It comes in a form of liquid so its easier for the young puppies to swallow it.
- You can use 1 teaspoon per 10-pound body weight.
- The dog must be at least 2 weeks old to consume this dewormer.
- It is available in 2-ounces bottle.
- Pyrantel pamoate is an active ingredient used in this dewormer.
- Only roundworms and hookworms are affected by its effect.
3. BAYER QUAD CHEWABLE DEWORMER
Offering instant chewable result
Safe and effective, the Bayer Animal Health Quad Dewormer comes in chewable form to finally rid your dog of worm infestations while making administration very easy. It is provided with a range of active ingredients, including praziquantel, pyrantel and febantel.
- Providing just a single dose to your dog is really enough to take care of the infestation problem.
- It even comes in a beef flavor, so your dog wouldn’t have that much of a problem taking it, because dogs like it.
- The dog might think that it as a chew treat.
- It tends to kill all the common tapeworms, hookworm, roundworms and whip worms
- These are chewable tablets used to kill the worms.
- These chewable tablets are available for small dogs, medium dogs and Large dogs.
- It is very easy to administer as it comes in chewable tablet form.
- I can be used for puppies 3-weeks old and above.
- It only requires a single dose to take effect and see better results.
- These chewable tablets are not really capable of dealing with protozoans.
4. PANACUR C CANINE DEWORMER
Medicated food for your dog's ease
Panacur C (fenbendazole) is a broad spectrum parasite killer used to treat hookworms, roundworms, tapeworms, and whip worms in dogs. It is also used by veterinarians to treat other parasites.
- For the dogs, Panacur is mostly used to treat hookworm, roundworm, tapeworm (Taenia), and whip worm infections.
- Mix the daily intake together with the usual food of your dog.
- This is the medicated food your dog should eat.
- If you fill dry dog foods, it may need to be moisturized to help mix it.
- The dog should be given the daily dosage for 3 days a line (each packet is a daily dose, depending on the size of the dog).
- For instance for all dogs 6 weeks or older, a 15 lbs dog should be handled with the 2gm healthy packet including the pregnant dogs.
- Deworming schedules can depend on your environment and the behavior of your dog.
- It is very effective in purging roundworms and hookworms and whip worms.
- This can be provided to young pups as well as adult dogs.
- It comes in a form edible powder treat so its easier for the dogs to swallow it when its mixed in the dog’s food.
- The dog must be at least 6 weeks or older, a 15 lbs dog should be handled with the 2gm healthy packet including the pregnant dogs.
- Fenbendazole is an active ingredient used in this dewormer.
- It is very important to note that Panacur is not very effective against some tapeworms.
- This is in the form of powder so you have to properly sprinkle the powder on your dog’s food for it to be really effective in killing worms.
5.BAYER TAPEWORM DEWORMER FOR DOGS
Effective dewormer that kills tapeworms well
Dewormer tablets for dogs from Bayer Tapeworm provide preparation for the quick, reliable and efficient removal of tapeworms. Tablets can be consumed directly to your pet dog or broken and mixed with its food.
- This is especially a true solution for the elimination of tapeworms.
- The worms and that are spread by mites in which reinfection is almost certain, this formula helps get rid these mites and worms.
- This can be used in dogs food, or you can provide them by breaking into pieces.
- Each pack contains 5 tablets.
- You are able to see the results of this dog De-Wormer within 24 – 48 hours.
- This is an easy and effective way to eliminate common tapeworms from the dog’s intestine.
- These tablets may be crumbled, broken or mixed with food or taken by mouth.
- The specific formula in this has a perfect method to eradicate uninvvited worms.
- It only works on tapeworms; therefore, if your dog has other worm infestations, this is not the best option.
6. PETARMOR 7 WAY DE-WORMER FOR PUPPIES AND SMALL DOGS
"Provides you with additional benefit of two flavors"
The PetArmor’s 7-way wormer is as the name itself suggests, seven different kinds of worms can be killed at once. It includes 2 different kinds of roundworms, 2 kinds of tapeworms and 3 varieties of hookworms. It is specially designed for dogs with weights above 25 pounds, but there is a choice also for smaller dogs.
- Chewable DeWormer for dogs is used to treat and monitor 7 species of worms: 2 kinds of tapeworms, two type of round worms and three varieties of hookworms.
- These tablets of veterinary quality are suitable for 12 weeks and over puppies and 6.0 to 25 lbs for small dogs.
- PetArmor wide range dewormer is available in chewables, so it is easy and convenient to offer your pet.
- Check your dog after a dosage, make sure your dog is able to chew the deworming dose.
- These treats are the best dewormers and controls tapeworms, round worms and hookworms effectively.
- It also contains active ingredients found in leading veterinary de-wormers.
- It can be used on both dogs as well as puppies.
- These are even easier to consume because they are in form of tablets.
- These chewable tablets are made for dogs between 6 and 25 lbs.
- This 7-way dewormer includes 2 flavors.
- This is not really effective against whip worms.
7. SENTRY HC WORMX PLUS DOG DEWORMER
A 7 way deworming solution for dog
SENTRY HC WORM X PLUS 7 Way De-Wormer handles and monitors medium & big dogs specially two tapeworms, two roundworms, 3 hookworms, etc. It has two active ingredients containing pyrantel and praziquantel, found in every recommended veterinary brands. This de-wormer comes in delicious chewables that make feeding your dog easier. This is specially for the dogs with a weight of more than 25 lbs. Deworming schedules may depend on the weather in which you live and your dog’s activity.
SENTRY HC WORM X PLUS 7 Way De-Wormer handles and monitors medium & big dogs specially two tapeworms, two roundworms, 3 hookworms, etc.
It has two active ingredients containing pyrantel and praziquantel, found in every recommended veterinary brands.
This de-wormer comes in delicious chewables that make feeding your dog easier.
This is specially for the dogs with a weight of more than 25 lbs.
Deworming schedules may depend on the weather in which you live and your dog’s activity.
- To make sure you give the correct dose, please weigh your dog.
- 7 Way De-Wormer treats are delicious when given by hand.
- These are palatable.
- If your dog doesn’t eat the chewable freely, then it can be covered in a tiny quantity of food or forced swallow in the back of your dog’s mouth.
- Ensure that dog’s full dose is consumed.
- See your pet for a couple of minutes to ensure that the chewable is not rejected or taken out by the dog.
- There were several complains about the product not working.
- Don’t de-worm a dog or puppy that is sick or has other severe infection because it can harm your dog.
Dogs usually use their mouth to discover things. The downside is that many bacteria and eggs that might potentially become intestinal worms are exposed. Along with a perfect de-wormer for your dog, you will be able to minimize these risks with the proper grooming if you use the right products, such as a toothpaste or a pet shampoo. Nevertheless, your dog needs to be de-wormed, especially when certain signs and symptoms start to appear. This is certainly a great help to use the best dog dewormer.